March?

Where did the week go? For that matter, where did the month of February go? March is for "madness" and spring training, shamrocks and corned beef, .... and music festivals. Tomorrow I get to drive some kids to a solo & ensemble festival. I might be prejudiced, but I think band kids are the best. Definitely entertaining! I'll try to get some pictures.

I have to share the progress of my version of our class block of the week quilt. On Wednesday we received the directions for the 12th and final block. I did a decent job keeping up with the construction over the 3 months AND I used mostly fabrics from my stash. Woohoo! I almost had to come up with a plan B for the layout though. I planned to use the same fabric from the background of the sampler blocks for 6 setting blocks and the setting triangles. My initial computations left me believing I was going to run short. I got the fabric a few years ago so going back to get more was not an option. Long story short, I had to cut out all the setting pieces first then go thru the scraps and cut the background pieces for block #12. I had one selvage to selvage piece less than an inch wide left when all was cut. Phew! Here are a few of the blocks on my design wall.

Comments

Popular Posts