I'm BAAAACK

The retreat was wonderful! I got so much done. And believe it or not, I came home, unpacked and sewed some more. Heehee. Here is a peek at what was accomplished.
This first one was a "project" I got on ebay. Actually what I got was a package of 28 - 1 1/2" strips, 38 6" squares, 8 fat quarters and a half yard piece.....all from the Seaside Rose line from Moda. What you see was created from the strips and squares. I haven't even touched the fat quarters or half yard piece yet. I'm going to set this on point with the creamy white (Kona Snow)in the corners then finish it with a border using the fat quarters. I'm not normally drawn to pastel florals but I love the way this is turning out. It's so soft. This will be one of two summer quilts for our bed. Gonna use a light batt for them..... I don't need as much warmth as I used to.

Here is the beginning of the second quilt.
It's using charm squares from packages in the Chez Moi line. This line has a very 60's flavor. My SIL told me I should call this quilt Shagalious. *grin* I'll post more as this one comes together.

While at the retreat we visited a LQS. Cute little place that had been open 2 months. Her focus was Civil War/reproduction fabrics. She also had a little package of some pieces from the Peas and Carrots line from Moda. They followed me home along with a fun little "Snibbles" pattern by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. called Short Story.

Today was quilt class day. After class, a couple of gals and I went to the local Salvation Army Thrift Shop because Wednesday is 1/2 price discount day for seniors. I don't quite qualify just yet, but they do, so they bought my items for me. What did I get, you ask? 100% plaid cotton mens shirts.... wonderful blues and a XXL green one. Once they are out of the laundry, I'll slice them up and create a quilt.

Tomorrow is the last high school band concert of the year. A bit bitter sweet for me. I'm definitely going to miss some of these kids next year. I did have a little good news today. The piccolo that was given to me is repaired and will soon be on the way to it's new home.

Comments

Leigh said…
I absolutely adore the first quilt. It is beautiful and very me, so if you can't get used to the soft florals I'll take it off your hands for you, no worries,lol.
I am curious to know what is going in the centre?
CONNIE W said…
The fabrics are so pretty. Retreats are a perfect get-away!
Elaine Adair said…
What a lovely start on that soft pastel quilt. Also, it appears easy and a good way to use up stash.

Salvation Army shirts? Great Idea. I visited our local Mission store last year, and came away with 15 almost new plaid men's shirts, for $7.50! Got most of them cut up, saved labels, pockets, buttons, etc., and even kep 3 for 'real' use! Gotta love a bargain (but I still don't have them made up into anything ...)

Thanks for the visit.
Diana said…
I love the soft, pastel colors in your quilt. You got a lot done during your retreat!
Patti said…
Looks like you accomplished a great deal. That's the wonderful thing about retreats. What a soft, romantic summer quilt that will be!

Popular Posts