Look what DD found...

Last summer my older DD Allie agreed to swap rooms with her younger sister. So in the few weeks before Allie left for college, she boxed up all her belongings so Ace could start the decorating process. Because of the time frame, the packing up process was a bit unorganized, but it got done. Fast forward to this summer. Allie is going back through her boxes and reorganizing/consolidating her stuff. This is one of the things she found...
In 4th grade students study California history. At least in San Diego county that study includes a report & model of one of the missions. Allie's older brother did the traditional 3-d model...his was clay & moss etc. (some kids use styrofoam & painted lasagna noodles for the roof - heehee) Once the missions were assigned we approached Allie's teacher to see if she would be open to a "fabric" project. I remember Rosemary being a quilter....perhaps that's why I thought she might say yes. It's just fabric attached with fusible web but it turned out pretty cool. At the end of the school year we entered her mission project in the San Diego County fair. It took a little talking to the fair folks to convince them to accept it .... they really had no idea what to do with a project that wasn't "traditional" LOL I bet she is one of the few kids who still has her project.

As I type this, my DH is at the hardware store picking up some hook screws. I've come up with a new idea for hanging quilts for photography purposes. I'm happiest with the color of the quilt in the photo if those are taken outside but the display rack I have tips over too easily when the quilt catches the breeze (almost always blowing). Stay tuned for more quilt photos soon.

Finally.... I finished organizing/sorting/general wrapping up all the booster stuff in my possession. What a huge weight off my shoulder. Now I can get some serious quilting done with a lot less guilt. WOOHOO!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Karen,
What a delightful blog you have. I enjoyed your writing style and will be back.
Karen S (another of the MQR Karens)
Anonymous said…
Hi, Karen! I've just found your blog, and it's nice to find another quilter who loves baseball! We just spent 10 days in San Diego, and we usually take in a Padres game. We didn't make it to the park this year. If I'd known you were there, I would have made more of an effort! I love meeting other quilters while I'm on the road. By the way, nice mission quilt!

Popular Posts