Quilty progress

It's been a fun week so far. Monday evening I went to a LQS for their Strip Club presentation. Each month they present a new pattern made with strips from a set you can purchase if you choose. If you attend the presentation, you get the pattern free. Since I'm "No Buy" this year, I'm open to pattern ideas to use up stash.

The main reason I went to the presentation was to meet a couple of the local ladies working on Bonnie Hunter's Mystery quilt. It was fun to meet Terry and Tammy and I'm looking forward to watching their progress with the project. There are a couple other local gals doing the quilt too. We are hoping to all meet up after the holidays.

At the end of the presentation, the shop owner handed out the door prizes. EVERYONE got something.... very generous things. One gal got the grand prize .... a Moda fat quarter tower. I think Tammy got a Moda jelly roll and I received a 10 FQ bundle of Moda Chocolat fabrics. I'm going to use my FQ bundle as a gift in a family gift exchange. There are two other quilters in the family and I know we will have fun "stealing" the bundle from each other during the exchange. And I might even come back home with it. ;c)

I did finish step 2 for the mystery quilt. I really like the way the fabrics I chose look together. I can't wait to see what we are making..... cue Carly Simon: "Anticipation, anticipation, Is makin' me late, Is keepin' me waitin'" *grin* I'm really glad Bonnie gave us 2 weeks for the next step. It's Christmas crunch time!

Wednesday night was my closest to home quilt guild's meeting/potluck. I've been trying lately to say "NO" to extra projects. I didn't do either of the retreat projects they provided for those who wanted, last month. I got a lot of work done on UFO's and that felt really good. Wednesday night they were passing out block kits for the next opportunity quilt. A couple members went to a lot of trouble to prepare the kits so the project could stay on schedule and not so many members were stepping forward to make a block, so I did..... :0P The quilt is based on a Baltimore album quilt with bunnies. It's very cute and yes, appliqued! I'm decent at applique but slow, so I took a simpler block. It's due Feb. 1st.... yikes! I'll post pictures as it progresses.

Comments

Unknown said…
Congrats on winning such a nice bundle! Your nine patch blocks for Bonnie´s quilt look smashing. Keep on and take care.
Helen in the UK said…
Great progress on the mystery. What a great prize from the strip club. Good luck with you applique block :)
Lynn Douglass said…
What a lucky win! I love the way your blocks look! I wish I had time to participate, because this looks like a fun thing to get involved in. Can't wait to see your next step!
Lynn Douglass said…
What a lucky win! I love the way your blocks look! I wish I had time to participate, because this looks like a fun thing to get involved in. Can't wait to see your next step!
Randi said…
What a good prize! That's the best kind of chocolat! :-) I'm enjoying watching everyone's progress on Bonnie's quilt. I just can't add another project right now, but I'm working on getting control of my scrap stash so I can start on some of her "leaders & enders".
Ginger Patches said…
It was fun meeting you Monday! No wonder I had my eye on that fabric you won--I love chocolat--I am content with my Blossom Jelly Roll though, I think everyone left happy:)
Your nine patches look great, I love the music theme fabric in your neutrals.
Khris said…
Wow you were very lucky to win what you did. How exciting. I never win anything..lol..hugs Khris in Oz

Popular Posts