Still Busy

Goal for year - fabric used from stash: 60 yards
YTD net yardaged used: 7.5 yards
YTD yardage needed to reach goal: 52.5 yards
Yardage purchased this week: 20 yards
Yardage used this week: 8.5


Yep..... typical May/June. Still busy. The retreat was wonderful and productive. I was able to finish the blocks and assemble this top.....

The borders still need to be added. Deadline for the completed top? June 12th... graduation day for Kelly. I did come up with a name for it.. Beach Bear. Kel's a SoCal beach gal heading to Cal (Bears) next year. I'll have it quilted by August when she leaves. The back will include a leftover piece of the fabric used in a quilt I made for her when she was a toddler. :c)

I also got the top sans borders completed at the retreat for this quilt....


















I won 3rd place in the patriotic block challenge. Did I get a photo of my original creation? Sheesh....no. The best part about retreats, though, is the sisterhood of quilters. Inspiration abounds! I got to talk a while with one of the top long arm quilters in San Diego county. She was totally gracious and fun to boot. And she turned me on to a great tool. Wendy and her friend each had a SewEzi table for their machines. I ordered one Monday and it arrived by Friday. :c)

On Monday I went to Rosie's for borders and backing. 20 yards followed me home. Sigh. 8.5 yards have already been used but still.....

Borders are on the slice and splice and I'm half way done with the quilting. I'm working with a fun new (to me) panto called Funky Fleur de Lys by Keryn Emmerson. Will finish that up tomorrow morning and add the binding. This one is for a special lady, retiring on the 12th.

Other news... I've been quilting customer quilts as quickly as possible because I have a potential buyer for my Gammill. Keep your fingers crossed.

More when I can.

Comments

Vicki W said…
I love that slice quilt!
I love this pattern! wonder where it came from?
Beth
Quilter Kathy said…
It was fun to hear about your retreat and see your projects.
Don't you love quilt retreats?!?!
Lynn Douglass said…
Love those quilts! I've been thinking about getting a SewEZ table. Let me know how you like it.

Popular Posts