Where has the time gone?

I've been working without a list lately. Not good. I've been busy and have accomplished a fair amount but focus and follow through are lacking. Blogging got left in the dust. Sigh....

Here are a few of the recent highlights:

The haul from Long Beach...


2 books... One-Block Wonder Encore and More Nickel Quilts, 2 paper pieced patterns, 2 purse patterns and some more fork pins. The fabric in the photo is from my stash and I used it to make two of the Sonoma Swing Bags.


Block #1 from Judy L's BOM quilt. I really like the way it turned out!






2 of the 9 blocks needed for a small project ("Elizabeth") from a blended quilts book for Rosie's monthly class. The fabrics are some I had been collecting for years (and years). They remind me of colors from our local desert. I'm thinking of the name Desert Palette.

Ace has been painting for me. 2 walls are done in the living room. I'll get some photos when she starts on the next wall. I'm LOVING the color.... "Spice" from the Laura Ashley collection by Valspar. It's a yummy warm terracotta/orange. Gotta love husbands. I asked Bruce what he thought and he said "about what?" And I worried he wouldn't like it. LOL He does!

I loved the green Sonoma Swing bags I made so much, I decided to make a couple more in blue, one of which will go to Allie. Now she will have a safe place to put her paychecks so she won't have problems with money matters like those from the past couple weeks. Sigh! Long sad story.



One more set of photos.... mostly for the friends and family who read this blog. My oldest, a son who just turned 24, recently got his hair cut. What's the big deal, you ask? Well.... here's a before photo ....actually taken a little over a year ago....

Here's what he looks like now......
Bruce's comment was... he's got ears. LOL


Comments

Shelley said…
He's so much cuter! You can tell him so....he'll attract more girls now. m

Popular Posts