Project progress... design wall and other surfaces

The topic of UFO's and PIGS (UnFinished Objects and Projects In Grocery Sacks) has been circulating recently. I definitely have way too many.... somewhere between 35-50. So why do I have so many? Why do I continue to start new projects with so many left to finish? There is no one answer.... I do love planning and starting a project and usually start with the intention of finishing. But then a project with a deadline comes along and before you know it, the original project has been relegated to a project box, out of sight, out of mind.

Right now I have too many irons in the fire. I'm pushing on the Chunky Churn Dash. It's for Allie. She loves blues and oranges. The center of the quilt reads blue due to the alternate block so I decided to change it up and add an orange/golden/yellow border. Hope to have the borders on and load it on the LA by next weekend.

I got as far as the pieced borders finished on RRCB and 4 blocks done on Jared Takes a Wife. I'm a bit behind on the Civil War blocks.... And I made a sample block for a wedding gift quilt.... LOL I'm tired just thinking of all I want to accomplish.

 

Comments

Your Chunky Churndash looks SO great, and I love the borders for your RRCB! Great job!

Bonnie
Jo said…
I love the projects you have going. Your RRCB is looking good. I just got mine on the quilt machine, then ran out of thread. UGH.
Unknown said…
Love the subtle colors in the RRCB borders . . . can't wait to see the completed top! Great job!
Oh, I'm just like you! Always starting projects I don't finish. Alex Anderson says there are product people and process people. We are the latter. You know how we all love the accolades we get, the oohs and aahs when we show a quilt? That's what we quilt for right? Well, my rule is, I can't show a quilt until it's finished--bound and labeled! That helps me finish quilts!
Quilter Kathy said…
All your projects look great! Don't spread yourself too thin...remember to have some fun!
AnnieO said…
Starting new things stimulates the brain, and we human beings just LOVE that, LOL! I have over 35 projects in various PIG, WIP and UFO status too.

You're doing some wonderful colors there with all your projects. Progress is progress!
The chunky churndaash is great!

Popular Posts