The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Well.... nothing's really ugly. How about the good, the bad and the good?!
Good #1 -  Remember this WIP?

I just finished all the blocks for this quilt, all 132. I'm going with a 11 X 12 setting with hopes it will end up queen size. I think there is enough room in one of the spare bedrooms to play with layouts..... without help from fuzzy friends. That's on tomorrow's agenda.

The bad.... I just can't seem to resist good deals on fabric. $5 per yard = good. =P

I picked up a 5.5 yd piece for a customer quilt back.. I'm not going to count that because I'll be seaming the back and loading it on the long arm shortly but.... WHILE I WAS AT THE FABRIC SHOP, 4 additional yards followed me home. Then today, I received a jelly roll in the mail, another really good deal I got on ebay. It's a roll of Arnold's Attic by Barbara Brackman. I'm a sucker for the earthy greens, browns and rusty reds. Those rolls are 2.75 yds so that's 6.75 for the week. If that were all... I don't think I'd be calling the week "bad" but I decided to google Arnold's Attic and I found someone selling what was left of that line in her shop for $5 yd.   3.5 yds were added to the 'Cart' .... and of course, I had to check her other store offerings. Martinique for $5 yd too. Sigh.... 5 yds for a back. That purchase hasn't arrived so I'll add the yardage when it gets here.

Used this Week:     3 yards
Used year to Date:    28.25 yards
Added this Week:    6.75 yards
Added Year to Date:    17 yards
Net Used for 2011:    11.25 yards

I'm still in the black... for now.

Now back to some good stuff. I've been getting lots of customer quilts. Business was off last year. January was encouraging but then nothing came in in last month. But in the last two weeks, I've had 6 dropped off for quilting. Yay! I've finished 3 and am now loading a funky old quilt. It belongs to a non quilter friend. She doesn't know much about it other than her grandmother made it. It's a variation of a log cabin I've never seen. I'll post photos soon. I'll be doing everything for her except the hand work on the binding.

The last good thing? Can anyone say BASEBALL?!! The season opens on Thursday.
 

Comments

Popular Posts