Quilt center together

I needed to get this project off the design wall (it's also the covering of a shelving unit) so it was just easier to stitch the blocks together. It needs a good pressing but here it is...

(Edit: quilt pattern is Playing with Jacks, a freebie from Bonnie Hunter)

I did something fun on Saturday. I have oodles of quarters so I loaded $20 in a baggie and set out driving around town looking for garage sales. Quest: To see how many cotton shirts I could find in 2 hours with my 80 quarters. 2 hours later I was home with $10 in my bag and a laundry basket packed with 16 shirts, a girls dress, 2 womens tops and a pair of boys plaid shorts. One shirt did get hijacked.... DH liked one and claimed it. LOL! Let the deboning begin.
 

Comments

kwiltnkats said…
I didn't think it would be possible to find reuseable clothing in our area. Guess I'm wrong. Maybe I'll have to try this one day in my area. Your quilt looks fabulous! Sandi
Chris said…
Great quilt. I have never really had much time for yard sales. Maybe once I retire and have a life :)
Chris said…
Your quilt looks great. I love that pattern. I made one in red and green. Not exactly Christmassy ;-)

Good job finding so many shirts for so little money. I have to come down to your neck of the woods. I NEVER find anything that cheap in my area.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
You have a knack for bargains, well done! I love that quilt, your colors bounce well off of each other... just like Playing With Jacks!
Diane said…
Love the quilt!
I have not done much shirt hunting yet. I am hoarding outgrown shirts from my boys youth, but can see I will need more. They basically wore blue so will need to find other colors.
I was given my FIL's old shirts but have discovered only two are 100% cotton. I don't mind a little poly, but need to test.

Popular Posts