Evolution

Yes. I've been away from the blog. For over 2 years.

I still quilt. But my focus has changed. I'm trying new designers/patterns and techniques. Nothing wrong with the old. I appreciate all I've learned from them because my style is a cumulative one but I'm having fun trying new things.

This morning I had the rare pleasure to just play with design. I had some bonus triangles left over from this wild and crazy top.


Shopped the stash and came up with this.....


The yellow in this picture is truer than the first. I've got enough bonus HST units to make 16 blocks. A good start to a medallion center perhaps?? I love it when materials already on hand come together! 

The other current project I can share is a leader and ender unit/now a project one. The L & Es were 4 patches.....now appearing in 9 patch blocks. The two block quilt will be put on point so all the small med/dark squares will form vertical chains. Super simple and scrappy. I'm trying to assemble at least 4 blocks per day. Should be done in no time.


Ha! Baby boy Rye is demanding attention....time to make some biscuits.




 

Comments

Popular Posts