Random thoughts and fun things

I picked up my quilts from the fair.... no comments from the judges...hmmm. That's disappointing but I'll continue to enter.

Cute Mini Me moment at Petco Tuesday night after the game. Scott Hairston's youngest little guy is approx. 2 1/2 yrs old. He saw dad coming down the corridor from the clubhouse and ran to greet him. When they got together you could see they had identical shoes on, one much the miniature. :c) Speaking of Scott.... is he hot right now or what?!!

I subscribe to the Yahoo group Stashbusters and am participating in the UFO challenge with hopes of whittling away at my long list of UFO's. I've been able to meet the minimum goal of at least one finish per quarter. The buy in to the challenge was FQs and for each finish, your name is entered into a quarterly drawing. Cher notified me I was the second quarter FQ winner. Monday night I came home to a mailing envelope filled with all these lovely fabrics. I had no idea there would be so many. Christmas in July to be sure! I really have a soft spot in my heart for scrap quilts so these beauties have come to the right place. :c)

I've decided I'm going to participate in Judy L's BOM project that starts on Aug 1st. I was struggling with color and fabric choices then ran across Vicki W's solution to the same dilemma. She got her inspiration from the colors in a printed fabric. I decided this quilt will be for the spare bedroom and I have a large chunk of fabric (bolt *grin*) I planned to use as a focus for that room, so I will pull the colors from that fabric and possibly use some of it in the quilt as well. I'll post a photo of the fabric soon.... my fabric choices will be scrappy within the colors I choose. My stash is heaviest in the small cut dept.

My final thoughts for today have to do with time spent on the computer.... specifically how much time *I* spend on the computer. My absence from blogland in June was related. I wanted to try focusing more time on projects and less on the computer and I was successful. But.... I missed the cyber connections. So my project for July is to set some priorities and limits. Wish me luck!

ttfn

Comments

Vicki W said…
How about that? The Stashbusters give stash as a reward! LOL! Glad you are joining the BOM with me!

Popular Posts