Many Irons

April is done... wow. It seems like the month just began. Guess it's true that time flies when you're having fun and staying busy. There are several customer projects on the burner but I did complete one of my own. A couple years back I fell in love with the April Cornell line Portugal. Not knowing what I would do with it I picked up a couple of charm packs. There are some gals online (I'll edit this post later when I have time to link to their sites) who do one Carrie Nelson (Miss Rosie's) Schnibble project per month and call it A Year of Schnibbles. April's pattern is Summer Day. As soon as I saw it I knew it was perfect for the Portugal charms. Do you agree?

Here is what is on the design wall at the moment. This one is for a co-worker's 10 yr old daughter. The photo is a bit blurry but the lime green fabric features Tinker Bell. Simple design shows off her favorite fairy. 

Time to get ready for the ballpark. A new homestand starts today. 
 

Comments

Miri said…
I just love this pattern done in modern fabrics! This flying geese pattern is very old-check out the Sherbourne Museum in Vermont for a 19th century one. You'll get a kick out of how different it looks.
Vicki H. said…
I have never seen a framed flying geese block and I love it. Nice job on your quilts.
I remember the April Cornell fabric when it was popular. Your little quilt is cute made from that fabric line.

The purple and green quilt is also cute - can see a 10 year old just loving it! :)

Judy

Popular Posts